Sarasota/Manatee MPO Priorities -- Status Update
US41 Venice Bypass
- Approximately $87 million has been dedicated to Venice Bypass.
- The project's final funding phase is scheduled for FY 2018/19 with construction slated to begin in early 2019.
- Additional capacity along this corridor will improve regional traffic flow and has been a MPO priority for over a decade.
15th Street East
- The Project Development and Environmental (PD&E) study has been completed for this project.
- Design funding has been acquired and is currently underway.
- Right of Way (ROW) acquisition is partially funded and will continue to be a MPO priority in the future.
- Project Development and Environmental (PD&E) and Design funding has been acquired and is scheduled for completion in FY 2018/19.
- Right of Way (ROW) acquisition is fully funded and is scheduled for completion in FY 2018/19.
- Construction of the northern segments will be completed by FDOT, while the southern segment will be funded and completed by Sarasota County.