NOTIFICATION IS GIVEN that The Sarasota/Manatee MPO Governing Board will meet at 9:30 a.m. on Monday, April 20, 2020, to conduct business required by State and Federal law. Meeting materials and information regarding technology and access will be posted to the MPO website at www.mympo.org on Monday, April 13, 2020.
For the protection of the community, all Sarasota/Manatee Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) meetings will be available to the public online and by telephone to avoid convening more than ten people during the current COVID-19 State of Emergency from March 9 to May 8, 2020. Public access and public comment opportunities will be provided as permitted in Executive Order 20-69 for local government meetings, allowing the use of communications media technology, such as telephonic and video conferencing.
There are four (4) ways for the public to participate:
- Written comments will be accepted before, during, and after the meeting. All written comments will be included as part of the official public record of the meeting. Please email Nanette Eubanks, Clerk to the Board at
- The Board meeting will be live streamed on Monday, April 20 at 9:30 a.m. The public can view the meeting and comment during the meeting using the comment box at https://publicinput.com/I003.
- The public may call-in by phone and leave comments via voicemail. Telephone Number 855-999-4008; Meeting code 7885.
- For those wishing to address members of the MPO Board directly, you are requested to provide a written request in advance. Please email Nanette Eubanks, Clerk to the Board at
- Subject line (RE): PUBLIC COMMENT FOR APRIL 20, 2020 VIRTUAL BOARD MEETING
- Please include the following information in the body of the email: 1) Name, email, and phone number; 2) The agenda item you wish to address; 3) A summary of your public comment (3000 character limit)
- Following the receipt of the email, instructions will be sent on how to join the virtual meeting to speak once the Chair calls on you during the public comment period.
The MPO rules of procedure, decorum, and policy governing the public comment period, shall be followed and enforced in the same manner as if the meeting were held in person. During the public comment period, the Chair will ask the public to speak based on the written requests to speak in the order they are received.
Any person with a disability requiring assistance, auxiliary aids, and services for this meeting should notify the Executive Director at least seven (7) days in advance of the meeting by calling (941)-359-5772.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS NEWS, CONTACT: