The Sarasota/Manatee MPO will hold a Virtual Barrier Island Traffic Steering Committee (BITC) meeting on Monday, May 17, 2021 at 9:00 a.m. Meeting Materials for the meeting will be posted to the MPO website at www.mympo.org on Friday, May 6, 2021.
There are four (4) ways for the public to participate:
- Written comments will be accepted before, during, and after the meeting. All written comments will be included as part of the official public record of the meeting. Please email Rachel McClain, Fiscal Technician at
- The BITC meeting will be live streamed on Monday, May 17, 2021 at 9:00 a.m. The public can view the meeting and comment during the meeting using the comment box at https://publicinput.com/Q742.
- The public may call-in by phone and leave voice comments. Telephone Number 1-855-925-2801; Meeting code 8196.
- For those wishing to address members of the BIT Committee directly, you are requested to provide a written request in advance. Please email Rachel McClain, Fiscal Technician, at
- Subject line (RE): PUBLIC COMMENT FOR MAY 17, 2021 BITC MEETING
- Please include the following information in the body of the email: 1) Name, email, and phone number; 2) The agenda item you wish to address; 3) A summary of your public comment (3000-character limit)
- Following the receipt of the email, instructions will be sent on how to join the virtual meeting to speak once the Chair calls on you during the public comment period.
The MPO rules of procedure, decorum, and policy governing the public comment period, shall be followed, and enforced in the same manner as if the meeting were held in person. During the public comment period, the Chair will ask the public to speak based on the written requests to speak in the order they are received.
Any person with a disability requiring assistance, auxiliary aids, and services for this meeting should notify MPO staff at least seven (7) days in advance of the meeting by calling 941-359-5772.
Public Comment: This notice is published pursuant to the requirements of the Federal Laws, Florida Statutes, and MPO Policy. No stenographic record by a certified court reporter is made of this meeting. Accordingly, any person who may seek to appeal any decisions involving the matter noticed herein will be responsible for making a verbatim record of the testimony and evidence at this meeting upon which any appear is to be based.
Public participation is solicited without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, or family status. Persons who require special accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act or persons who require translation services (free of charge) should contact the Sarasota/Manatee MPO at 941-359-5772 at least seven (7) days prior to the meeting.
The MPO’s planning process is conducted in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and related statutes. Any person or beneficiary who believes they have been discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or family status may file a complaint with the Sarasota/Manatee at 941-359-5772 or by writing the MPO at 8100 15th Street East, Sarasota, Florida 34243.