NOTIFICATION IS GIVEN that the Barrier Island Traffic Committee (BITC) will meet at 10:00 a.m. on Monday, June 22, 2020. Meeting materials and information regarding technology and access will be posted to the MPO website at www.mympo.org on Monday, June 8, 2020.
For the protection of the community, all Sarasota/Manatee Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) meetings will be available to the public online and by telephone to avoid convening more than ten people during the current COVID-19 State of Emergency from March 9 to July 6, 2020. Public access and public comment opportunities will be provided as permitted in Executive Order 20-69 for local government meetings, allowing the use of communications media technology, such as telephonic and video conferencing.
There are four (4) ways for the public to participate:
- The BITC meeting will be live streamed on Monday, June 22 at 10:00 a.m. The public can view the meeting and comment during the meeting using the comment box at https://publicinput.com/Q742.
- The public may call-in by phone and leave voice comments. Telephone Number 1-855-925-2801; Meeting code 8196.
- Subject line (RE): PUBLIC COMMENT FOR JUNE 22, 2020 VIRTUAL BITC MEETING
- Please include the following information in the body of the email: 1) Name, email, and phone number; 2) The agenda item you wish to address; 3) A summary of your public comment (3000 character limit)
- Following the receipt of the email, instructions will be sent on how to join the virtual meeting to speak once the Chair calls on you during the public comment period.
The MPO rules of procedure, decorum, and policy governing the public comment period, shall be followed and enforced in the same manner as if the meeting were held in person. During the public comment period, the Chair will ask the public to speak based on the written requests to speak in the order they are received.
Any person with a disability requiring assistance, auxiliary aids, and services for this meeting should notify the Sarasota/Manatee MPO at least seven (7) days in advance of the meeting by calling (941)-359-57