NOTIFICATION IS GIVEN that on September 14, 2020, the Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) meeting will be held at 10:00 a.m. and the Citizen Advisory Network (CAN) meeting will be held at 5:00 p.m. Additionally, the Bicycle/Pedestrian/Trails Advisory Committee (BPTAC) meeting will be held at 2:30 p.m. on Tuesday, September 15, 2020. Meeting materials and information regarding technology and access will be posted to the MPO website at www.mympo.org on Friday, September 4, 2020.
For the protection of the community, all Sarasota/Manatee Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) meetings through September 30, 2020 will be available to the public online and by telephone to avoid convening more than ten people during the current COVID-19 State of Emergency. Public access and public comment opportunities will be provided as permitted in Executive Order 20-69 for local government meetings, allowing the use of communications media technology, such as telephonic and video conferencing.
There are four (4) ways for the public to participate:
- The TAC meeting will be live streamed on Monday, September 14, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. The CAN meeting will be live streamed on Monday, September 14, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. The BPTAC meeting will be live streamed on Tuesday, September 15, 2020 at 2:30 p.m. The public can view the meetings and comment during the meetings using the comment box at https://publicinput.com/Q742.
- The public may call in by phone and leave voice comments. Telephone Number 1-855-925-2801; Meeting code 8196.
- Subject line:
- (RE): PUBLIC COMMENT FOR September 14, 2020 VIRTUAL TAC MEETING; or
- (RE): PUBLIC COMMENT FOR September 14, 2020 VIRTUAL CAN MEETING; or
- (RE): PUBLIC COMMENT FOR September 15, 2020 VIRTUAL BPTAC
- Email: 1) Name, email, and phone number; 2) The agenda item you wish to address; 3) A summary of your public comment (3000-character limit)
- Following the receipt of the email, instructions will be sent on how to join the virtual meeting to speak once the Chair calls on you during the public comment period.
The MPO rules of procedure, decorum, and policy governing the public comment period, shall be followed, and enforced in the same manner as if the meeting were held in person. During the public comment period, the Chair will ask the public to speak based on the written requests to speak in the order they are received.
Any person with a disability requiring assistance, auxiliary aids, and services for this meeting should notify Nanette Eubanks at least seven (7) days in advance of the meeting by calling (941) 359-5772.